Our approach to privacy
1.2 Oliver Software operates a cloud-based Benefits Administration Software. Our website (our “Website“) is located at www.oliver.app .
Personal information we collect about you and how we use it
2.1 Information you give to us. We only collect personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our email lists, participate in any discussion boards, forums or other social media functions on our site or enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Website, or use some other feature of the Website as available from time to time.
2.2 If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide certain information pertaining to the Website to you or respond to your other requests.
2.3 Information we receive from other sources. We may receive personal information about you from individuals or corporate entities which are subscribers to the Website(“Subscribers”). We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers), and may receive information about you from them, subject to your agreements with them.
2.4 The table at Annex 1 sets out the categories of personal information you provide to us and that we receive from other sources and how we use that information. The table also lists the legal basis which we rely on to process the personal information and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods.
2.5 We may anonymize and aggregate any of the personal information we collect (so that it does not identify you). We may use anonymized information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the Oliver Software Website and for developing new products and features. We may also share such anonymized information with others.
Disclosure of your personal information
- Business partners, vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors who perform services on our behalf (these companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us);
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website;
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction. Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
3.2 In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements.
3.3 Publicly accessible blogs. Our Website includes publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. This includes information posted on our public social media accounts. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
3.4 Testimonials. With consent, we may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site, along with other endorsements. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Marketing and advertising
4.1 From time to time we may contact you with relevant information about Oliver Software products and services. Most messages will be sent electronically.
4.2 If you do not want to receive such messages from us, you will be able to tell us by selecting certain boxes on forms we use when we first collect your contact details. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Storing and transferring your personal information
5.1 Security. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in a controlled environment with limited access.
5.2 While no transmission of information via the internet is completely secure, we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Retaining your information
6.1 We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of our legitimate business interests and satisfying any legal or reporting requirements.
6.2 To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and the applicable legal requirements.
Your rights in respect of your personal information
7.1 In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to your personal information along with certain information, and to receive that personal information in a commonly used format and to have it ported to another data controller.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
Cookies and similar technologies
Links to third party sites
9.1 Oliver Software may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Our policy towards children
Changes to this policy
Notice to you
CDAT Software DBA Oliver Software
Suite 304 – 3999 Henning Drive
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Annex 1 – Personal information we collect on the Website
|Category of personal information||How we use it||Legal basis for the processing|
|Contact information and basic personal details. Such as your name, phone number, address, location, e-mail address.||We use this information to communicate with you, including sending statements, news, alerts and marketing communications.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely for marketing purposes, and for communicating with you effectively and responding to your queries.|
|We use this information to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of the Website.|
|Correspondence and comments. When you contact us directly, e.g. by email, phone, mail, or when you interact with customer service, we will record your comments and opinions.||To address your questions, issues, and concerns and resolve your customer service issues.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely communicating with you effectively for the purposes of resolving your issues.|
|Recruiting details. Contact information and basic personal details (as set out above); professional details and employment information such as resume, references, LinkedIn profile.||We use this information to facilitate recruiting.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely assessing your suitability for a role with Oliver Software.|
|All personal information set out above.||We will use all the personal information we collect to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of Oliver Software, to monitor and improve Oliver Software, our Website and business, for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, to keep the Website safe and secure and to help us develop new products and services.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interest, namely to administer and improve Oliver Software, our business and develop new services.|